Monday, April 20, 2009

So I was looking back at some of the first posts I wrote, where I included pictures of Genevieve's skin at that time. I knew that she looked a lot better now, but I didnt realize to what extent until just now. To remind you....


That picture was taken March 14th. and here we are today, with only the arches of her feet wrapped. We were (before) wrapping her ankles and feet (and often a little up her leg) every time, but over the weekend we decided to try something new. I knew her legs needed to breathe, and the skin to dry out to help it heal. So we started to just put a tshirt on her at night and just letting her sleep in that and a diaper, instead of a sleeper. We left her legs unwrapped, and only wrapped her feet if they had actual sores on them. Before we were wrapping her feet no matter what because the skin was so thick and looked painful. So far, it's made a huge difference. No sores on her ankles or legs still. Her feet are wrapped today just where the arches would be, she had some tiny blisters show up last night at the base of her toes. She seems to be a lot more comfortable now as well. Every night I say that I want to take a new updated picture of her skin and I always forget. Tonight it's just me and Genevieve for her bath, so I will do my best to try to remember to take one and put it up.

I should really try to get some cleaning done around here while she's asleep. check back later tonight and hopefully I'll have a new pic of her skin up.

(Jenny... you posted a comment to my last entry. I replied to it, but in case you don't see it... feel free to email me at aschmaedeka@yahoo.com i would love to talk to you some more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment